For American Airlines frequent fliers, this card brings a nice set of perks and a strong welcome bonus. The miles you can earn on American Airlines, gas and restaurant purchases can easily justify the annual fee – so long as you don’t carry a balance on this high APR card.
Annual fee: $99, waived for first 12 months
Credit score: Good – Excellent (700 – 850)
Rewards rate: 1x – 2x
Type of card: Travel
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn a $125 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
For whom this card is recommended
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® is a good choice for anyone who wants to earn miles in the AAdvantage program and score some basic perks, like preferred boarding and free checked bags on domestic flights without paying an exorbitant annual fee.
Did you like this card? For more information, click on the button below.